April 20, 2020
Event Will Tackle Critical P&C Topics from Changing Competition to Heightened Policyholder Expectations, and the Role of Data Analytics within Digital Platforms
HARTFORD, CT – April 20, 2020 — Insurity, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based solutions and data analytics for the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and MGAs, announced that its annual Connected 2020 client conference will be held as a virtual event to ensure participants’ health and safety amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Insurity will stream the full event over several weeks, beginning with the Welcome Keynote on May 12th. In addition to interactive sessions led by the industry’s top analysts and thought leaders, as well as Insurity executives and subject matter experts, it will feature live chat, Q&A, games, and prizes to deliver a unique and highly-engaging experience for all attendees.
“We understand that insurance is a people business, so Connected 2020 has been designed as an interactive experience—connecting participants to industry thought leaders, the Insurity team, our partners, and each other,” said Michele Shepard, chief revenue officer at Insurity. “For the past 14 years, the event has been an important way for clients and partners to learn about the latest industry trends, strategies, and best practices from industry-leading analysts and innovative insurance carriers. We will continue this tradition by delivering the same exceptional experience through live streaming, organized in a way that helps our clients fully participate in each session while still managing their day-to-day business demands and responsibilities. We’re excited to showcase incredible innovation and growth Insurity has experienced in just the last year, and how our solutions have improved even further to address their needs.”
“Insurity has invested in a modern, creative approach to event planning, transforming the way industry best practices are delivered and consumed,” said Karen Furtado, partner at Strategy Meets Action. “In today’s current environment, Connected 2020 will bring thought leadership, experiences, and interactions, directly to our homes when they are needed more than ever.”
Connected 2020’s comprehensive agenda features discussions hosted by some of the most innovative insurance carriers and renowned P&C industry analysts. Additionally, Insurity subject matter experts will deliver thought-provoking and interactive virtual experiences on the company’s market-leading cloud and data analytics solutions, helping insurers stay competitive in a dramatically changing landscape. New technologies and rising customer expectations continue to pressure insurers to reduce the operational friction that impedes growth, deliver better customer experiences, and leverage data and analytics to improve decision-making across the customer lifecycle.
“Navigating the abundance of current and emerging technologies is challenging under even the best of circumstances,” said Jeff Goldberg, executive vice president at Novarica. “With events like Insurity’s Connected 2020, the industry is rising to the challenge by providing virtual opportunities that promote true engagement and connection to the most current trends for insurers.”
Session topics range from cloud migration and security, to emerging technologies, data analytics, and the customer experience, including:
- Why Emerging Tech Investments Make More Sense Than Ever in Commercial Lines: Ellen Carney, principal analyst at Forrester, hosts a session that explains why blanket cuts to technology investment as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic would be a poor decision, and shares the six emerging technologies that will factor into new products, different distribution channels, and ecosystem extensions that drive commercial business value.
- Customer Experience: Are You Positioned to Win?: Karen Furtado, partner at Strategy Meets Action, highlights the impact of “flipping the lens” to deliver the enhanced customer experience that insurers must provide to both agents and policyholders.
- Technology and Game Changers in the Future of Insurance: Jeff Goldberg, executive vice president at Novarica, examines the advanced capabilities that have become a “new normal” for insurers looking to compete in a modern digital world, and how technology is changing the nature of insurance.
- Ecosystems in Insurance That Can Accelerate Your Market Growth: Rajesh Narayan, senior director analyst at Gartner, will identify the ecosystems that are emerging within the insurance industry, review the opportunities and threats of ecosystem engagement, examine the digital transformation required for an insurer to become “partnerable,” and discuss exciting examples of how ecosystems can accelerate market growth.
- Advancing Analytics in Insurance: Bayard Gennert, senior analytics expert at McKinsey, guides insurers on how analytics can transform the business, sharing views on the state of the technology, innovative applications in underwriting and claims, and delivering a framework that can accelerate change.
- Integrated Data Solutions: A New Era of Intelligence and Insight: Donald Light, director of the North America P&C practice at Celent, co-hosts a session with Insurity’s head of data solutions, Kirstin Marr, providing an overview of how insurers are operationalizing analytics to adjust to changing market dynamics, and how Insurity is raising the bar with data analytics solutions that allow insurers to win in a highly competitive marketplace with demands for a modern, digital customer experience.
- Coaching for Cloud Transformation: Mike Nance, director of IT applications at Nationwide, joins Insurity CIO, Jonathan Victor, and Karen Furtado, partner at Strategy Meets Action, to share a winning cloud migration strategy that significantly boosted efficiency across Nationwide’s commercial business.
- Digital Transformation: Taking It to the Goal: The in-depth panel discussion will address the impact of digital automation and data on insurance processes across operational areas and roles, including ways to facilitate the digital journey across the enterprise. Panelists include Ram Veeramani, VP of technology services at Everest Insurance; Frank Ksiazak, director of IT application development at Nationwide; Jay Sarzen, senior analyst of P&C at Aite Group; Clyde Owen, vice president of industry solutions at Insurity; and Jeff Rielly, product solution consultant at Insurity.
“The future of the insurance industry is agile, nimble, and incredibly fast-paced, and insurers will need to continually reinvent themselves to remain competitive,” continues Shepard. “We are seeing a big increase in demand for analytics, third-party data and services, and straight-through processing to meet the growing needs from policyholders, especially for new business and claims. The theme for this year’s conference is “Changing the Game,” and the focus of Connected 2020 is to help our clients do just that—provide them with the latest industry thought leadership and best practices, empowering them to collaborate, strategize, and navigate the new technologies so they can change the game for both their companies and customers.”
The “Products: Present and Future” sessions are specifically designed to help insurers unlock the full potential of Insurity’s expansive suite of cloud-enabled, data-informed, and flexible technology solutions, enabling them to deliver better customer experiences, improve decision making, and optimize financial performance. Insurity experts will share the latest innovations, features, and product roadmaps for its policy administration, billing, and claims solutions, as well as for its full breadth of data solutions including predictive analytics, geospatial intelligence, and data-as-a-service offerings. Armed with this knowledge, insurers will be better equipped to support long-term digital transformation and meet their evolving business needs.
Insurity invites all P&C insurance executives and professionals to attend this year’s event, and experience deep dives into the current market conditions and latest trends, best practices for growth, and real-life use cases. Insurity clients: visit connected.insurity.com to register. If you are not an Insurity client but would like to attend Connected 2020, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Insurity, visit www.insurity.com.
Insurity is a leading provider of cloud-based solutions and data analytics for the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and MGAs. Through its best-in-class digital platform and with unrivaled industry experience and thought leadership, Insurity is uniquely positioned to deliver exceptional value, empowering clients to focus on their core businesses, optimize their operations, and provide superior customer experiences. With users worldwide and more cloud-based deployments than any other core system provider in the insurtech space, Insurity is trusted by 15 of the top 25 property/casualty carriers in the US. For more information, visit www.insurity.com.